This salad has everything but the kitchen sink in it — and that's what makes it so delicious. Every bite has a different combination of flavors that keeps you coming back for more.
Sweet Italian Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey mustard sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic, finely grated
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce, cut into bite-size pieces (about 6 cups)
- 1/2 head romaine, cut into bite-size pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/4 head red cabbage, diced small
- 8 cremini mushrooms, rough chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1 stalk celery, peeled and diced small
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1 cup crispy pancetta Pepperoncini, to garnish
For the vinaigrette:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey, parsley, mustard, oregano, thyme and garlic. While whisking, slowly add the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
For the salad:
Toss together the iceberg, romaine, mushrooms, carrots, celery, cheese and pancetta in a large bowl, and place in the refrigerator until ready. Before serving, put a healthy amount of dressing, mix well and top with the pepperoncini.