Eggs are packed with protein and much-needed nutrients, making them a great addition to any morning meal. Sometimes, however, what comes with this those eggs isn't as good for us. Instead of enjoying eggs on a cheesy, fully-loaded sandwich from a fast-food chain, try mixing it up with this flavorful breakfast salad. Spicy red onions are the perfect complement to the richness of eggs.
Nutrition info: Delivers 8 grams fiber.
- 1/2 English (hot house) cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices 100% whole wheat bread
1. In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, tomatoes, onion, parsley, lemon juice and sea salt; set aside (can be made one day in advance).
2. Spray a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray and heat over high heat. Crack eggs and place in pan. Turn heat down to medium-low and cook to desired degree of doneness, about 5 minutes for a slightly runny yolk.
3. Toast the bread while the eggs are cooking.
4. Serve one fried egg with a slice of toast and 3/4 cup of the salad.