These salty, crispy, cheesy bites are just plain addictive and delicious. They're also wildly easy to make. Other cheeses will certainly work but havarti is truly the best flavor pairing with the pickles.
Technique tip: They can be deep fried or shallowed fried. Keep egg roll wrappers covered while assembling so they don't dry out.
Swap option: If you can't find egg roll wrappers, they are not too difficult to make from scratch.
- 12 dill pickle spears
- 12 slices havarti cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- neutral oil, for deep-frying
- ranch dressing mixed with sriracha, to taste, for dipping
1. Drain your pickles and use a paper towel to pat off any excess moisture. Wrap each pickle in a slice of cheese and then wrap each in an egg roll skin. Seal it well, using a bit of water on the edges.
2. Pour 2 inches of oil into a large pot. Clip on a deep-fry thermometer and heat the oil over medium-high heat to 360 F.
3. Working in batches, fry the pickles until golden-brown and crispy on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with a paper towel and let cool slightly. Slice in half crosswise and serve with sriracha ranch.