I love a classic French-style omelet for breakfast. It is simple, classic and delicious. A bit of melted butter, a few chopped chives and a sprinkle of cheese really bring out the fresh flavor of the eggs.
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced chives (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Any cheese that melts easily
1. Whisk 3 eggs with 1 teaspoon of water and salt and pepper until fluffy. Add chives, if using.
2. Melt the butter in a pan, add the eggs and stir with wooden spatula to scramble the mixture, over medium heat.
3. Add your preferred easy-to-melt cheese in the center.
4. Using the spatula, roll and fold the omelet in the pan. Transfer to the plate and serve.