These make-ahead French toast sticks are the perfect grab-and-go, kid-friendly breakfast.
- 1 loaf Texas toast
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
3. Stack and slice the Texas toast into thirds.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, sugar and salt.
5. Dunk each strip of bread into the mixture, allow the excess to drip off, then place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remaining strips.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway.
7. Remove from oven and serve, or let cool slightly and transfer baking sheet to freezer. Once frozen, after 1-2 hours, transfer to a freezer bag for easy storage.
8. To reheat, preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 10-15 minutes until heated through OR transfer frozen sticks to a plate and microwave 45-60 seconds.