This shrimp dish could not be easier. Serve it with a nice salad on the side or just some baby arugula dressed with lemon, oil and salt.
Technique tip: This recipe is designed for two but is easily doubled or even tripled.
Swap option: Instead of shrimp you could use small scallops, crab meat or your favorite shellfish.
- 1/4 pound angel hair pasta
- 5-6 tablespoons marinara sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 1/2 pound small shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves, picked, washed, dried and chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 350°F.2.
Lay out two 12- by 16-inch sheets of nonstick aluminum foil on a flat surface.3.
Cook the pasta in heavily salted water, according package directions, until just al dente. Drain well and place in a bowl.4.
Spoon the marinara sauce over the pasta and toss to coat evenly.5.
Divide the pasta into the center of each sheet of foil.6.
Using the same bowl, add the raw shrimp and toss with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and the lemon zest.7.
Top each mound of pasta with half of the raw seasoned shrimp.8.
Halve the lemon and give the shrimp a few good squeezes of lemon juice. Sprinkle the parsley on top and drizzle with a little olive oil (about 2-3 teaspoons).9.
For each packet, bring the long sides of the foil up to meet each other, fold over a few times to seal the top. Then fold the sides up towards the center twice to finish sealing in the package.10.
Place packets on a sheet tray and bake for approximately 20 minutes.