Famed Brazilian steakhouse chain Fogo de Chao is known for its churrasco, a popular Brazilian way of eating as much grilled meat as you can stomach. Here, the restaurant shares their recipe for succulent grilled lamb chops.
The lamb can also be cut into pieces, then marinated and skewered before grilling. Serve the juicy quick-cooking meat with refreshing mint jelly and mint leaves.
- 8 rib lamb chops (12-16 ounces total weight), excess fat trimmed
- 2 cups white wine (Chardonnay or Chablis)
- 2 tablespoons lemon pepper
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
- 1 cup mint leaves
- Vegetable oil spray
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Mint jelly, for garnish
1. Preheat a grill.
2. In a blender, blend the wine, lemon pepper, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and mint leaves to make a marinade. Marinate lamb chops for 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Spray the grill with vegetable oil and place the lamb chops on the grill. Reserve the remaining marinade for basting. Grill the lamb chops without moving them for 4 minutes on the first side.
4. Baste the chops with marinade and turn over to grill for another 4 minutes on other side for medium-rare. Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
5. Garnish with additional mint leaves and mint jelly.