Chef Tiffani Faison's biscuits are must-have best-sellers at Sweet Cheeks in Boston.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 pound butter, cubed, cold
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Combine all dry ingredients.
3. Pulse the flour in a food processor with the cold butter until the butter is the size of small pebbles. Mix in the buttermilk and knead lightly.
4. Roll the dough so it is 1-inch high. Cut the dough with a large floured biscuit cutter. Place the pieces 1½ inches apart on a lined sheet tray. Bake for 12 minutes, then rotate the sheet tray and bake for another 12 minutes.