- 3 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine (preferably cavit pinot grigio, at room temperature)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 ounce (1 envelope) rapid-rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 ounce gorgonzola cheese
- 5 ounce pancetta - diced
- 16 ounce dried mission figs - thinly sliced
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella
Combine wine, water and yeast and stir until dissolved.
Add the olive oil, salt and honey and mix thoroughly.
Begin by adding 1 cup of flour and make a wet paste.
Add remaining flour and incorporate.
Place dough on a lightly floured board and knead for 2 to 3 minutes until shiny and only slightly sticky.
Place dough in a bowl coated lightly with olive oil, cover lightly with a towel and place in a warm spot in the kitchen.
Let rise for approximately 1 hour.
The dough should double in size.
Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut dough into four equal portions and roll Out Pizza Dough to approximately 1/2 inch thickness.
Drizzle Dough with Honey and Extra virgin Olive Oil.
Arrange Figs Pancetta and Gorgonzola and cover lightly with Mozzarella.
Finish with a sprinkle of salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
Bake on Pizza Stone according to manufacturers directions.