- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (from about 1 lemon)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoons grated lemon zest (from about 1 lemon)
- 9 ounces fresh fettucine
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper, plus more to taste
In a large, heavy skillet, stir 1 cup of the cream and the lemon juice to blend. Add the butter and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until the butter melts, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lemon zest and nutmeg. Remove from the heat.Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender but still firm to the bite, about 4 minutes. Drain. Add the pasta, the remaining ½ cup of cream, the Parmesan, and ¼ teaspoon each of salt and pepper to the cream sauce in the skillet. Toss over low heat until the sauce thickens slightly, about 1 minute. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Transfer the pasta to wide, shallow serving bowls and serve immediately.