- 2 cup chickpea flour
- 2 teaspoon baking power
- 1 teaspoon small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 cup fresh italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
Roll the falafel mixture into a ping-pong-ball size.
Pour 1/4 inches of olive oil in a large pan.
Heat the olive oil.
Carefully slip a few falafels at a time into the hot oil.
Fry until falafels are crusty and dark brown on all sides.
Remove the falafels with a slotted spoon and drain on a platter lined with paper towels.
Serve with garlic asparagus, baby arugula leaves lightly coated with olive oil and lemon juice and Israeli chopped salad.