Who doesn't love a little taste of an everything bagel? There is little this all-in-one-spice can't do. Pair with a zippy salad composed to heart healthy spinach, shallots and sherry vinegar (or use any vinegar on hand!). It feels fancy but it's quicker than toasting a bagel and smearing with cream cheese, promise.
Technique tip: If searing salmon seems daunting, place on a sheet tray and roast at 425°F for 8-10 minutes. And, if you can't find everything-bagel spice, simply visit your local bagel shop and ask for some!
- Four 4-ounce salmon filets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 8 teaspoons everything bagel spice blend, divided
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 5 ounces spinach
- 1 bunch dill, roughly chopped
1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Pat dry salmon filets and season each with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 2 teaspoons everything bagel spice.
2. Add 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil to the pan and sear salmon filets, skin side down, for 2 minutes or until fragrant and toasted. Flip and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
3. In a medium bowl, toss together shallot, 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar, 1 tablespoon olive oil, spinach, dill and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Toss and season as needed. Serve alongside salmon.