This popcorn with an "everything" seasoning blend is unique and comforting yet easy to make.
Technique tip: Toss the popcorn while it's still hot.
Swap option: You can mix up the seasoning blend and swap out the butter for olive oil.
Everything Seasoning Blend (makes 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 3 tablespoons kosher salt
- 3 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 tablespoons garlic salt
- 3 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup melted butter
1. Heat a large pot on medium-high heat; add oil, then the popcorn.
2. Cover the pot and shake every minute or so.
3. When corn stops popping, remove freshly popped corn and pour into a large paper bag.
4. Place the butter in the empty pot, melt the butter and add the seasoning blend. Pour mixture into the paper bag and toss well.