The name in this savory side says it all. These hearty baked beans are chock-full of bacon, sweet and spicy seasonings, onions and even cola. They'll bring a little southern flavor to any kind of cookout and will have everyone asking for seconds.
- 4 slices bacon, cooked, crumbled, reserving bacon grease
- 1 onion, chopped/diced
- 1 red pepper, chopped/diced
- Four 15.5 ounce cans baked beans
- 1/4 cup cola
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 4-6 dashes hot sauce
- 1/2 cup smoky BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 4 slices bacon, raw
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.2.
In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except for the raw bacon. Season to desired amount of spice.3.
Pour the mixture into a 9-inch x 13-inch baking pan.4.
Cover with the raw bacon and bake in oven for 1½ hours.