- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 19.8-ounce box brownie mix (such as Duncan Hines)
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x9-inch baking pan.Whisk together 1/3 cup of the water, the oil, eggs and 2 tablespoons of the espresso powder in a large bowl. Add the brownie mix and stir until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Transfer the batter to the prepared baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out with a few moist crumbs attached, about 35 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool completely.When the brownies are cool, dissolve the remaining 2 teaspoons of espresso powder in the remaining 2 tablespoons of water in a medium bowl. Whisk in the vanilla. Add the confectioners' sugar and the butter and whisk until smooth. With the brownies still in the pan, pour the glaze over the brownies. Refrigerate until the glaze is set.
Cut into bite-size pieces, arrange the brownies on a platter, and serve.