This cold noodle salad is perfect for a simple summer lunch or a hearty dinner with the addition of some beef. Double the dressing and use it as a marinade for chicken for a lovely chicken satay or a dip for crudité.
Technique tip: You can purchase pre-cut carrots in matchstick form in the produce section of your grocery store to save some prep time.
- One 8-ounce package rice noodles
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup English cucumber, cut into thin half-moons
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
For the Dressing:
1. Whisk together all the ingredients in a medium bowl.
For the noodle salad:
1. Cook or soak the rice noodles, according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water, then drain well.
2. Using your hands, gently toss together the noodles, bell pepper, carrots and cucumber in a large bowl. Fan the rib roast slices over the noodle mixture. Drizzle with the dressing and toss gently to coat.
3. Sprinkle with the chopped peanuts and cilantro.