For breakfast on the run in the morning, prep these delicious egg, cheese and veggie muffins. They're a great way to get the kids fueled up with protein and veggies, and they're so good, the kids won't know they're good for them too!
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped spinach or peas (whatever veggie you like)
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Freshly grated pepper and sea salt
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 12 muffin cups with cooking spray.
2. Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chopped veggie of choice and onion in the hot oil until softened, 5 to 10 minutes.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, salt, and black pepper together in a bowl. Mix cooked vegetables and cheddar cheese into egg mixture. Spoon about 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin cup.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until frittatas are set in the middle and lightly browned, about 20 minutes.