The festively decorated white chocolate outside of this treat is dazzling on its own. But when your guests discover the edible cookie dough filling, they will really be wowed!
White Chocolate Waffle Cones
- 12 mini waffle cones
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- red and green sprinkles, to garnish
- popsicle sticks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1½ tablespoons milk, plus more as needed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, heat treated
- 1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
For the white chocolate waffle cones:
Begin by dipping the waffle cones into the melted white chocolate and place point-side-up onto baking rack so excess chocolate can run off.
While the chocolate is still warm, decorate with sprinkles and set aside for the chocolate to set.
For the dough:
1. Add butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar to a medium mixing bowl and sprinkle salt evenly over.
2. Using an electric hand mixer, whip together until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Mix in the milk and vanilla extract. Add in flour and blend just to combine, while adding milk, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, to thin if needed.
3. Using a rubber spatula, fold in chocolate chips.
4. Stuff cookie dough into decorated waffle cones using your hand or a pastry bag for filling.
5. Once the cones are packed tightly, set in a refrigerator until ready to serve.
6. Once ready to serve, place 1 popsicle stick directly into the cookie dough and hand them to your guests.