Edamame adds fresh flavor and unexpected texture to guacamole for a fun and fresh take on this classic snacking standby.
- 2 cups shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup lime juice, divided
- 4 avocados, peeled and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons chopped grilled red onion
- 1/2 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/2 habanero chile, finely diced
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Chips, for serving
Purée edamame in a food processor with half of the lime juice. Scrape down the sides of the blender and process until edamame is finely chopped.
Transfer the chopped edamame mixture into mixing bowl and fold in the rest of the ingredients along with the rest of the lime juice. Season with salt taste. Serve with your favorite chips.