After a long day at work, when you don’t have much time, a stir fry is the perfect quick, healthy and satisfying meal to cook for you and your whole family. An awesome sauce can add an extra kick of deliciousness to any stir fry or salad, but it doesn’t need to be complicated.
Technique tip: Make a simple cornstarch slurry with a splash of water before making your stir-fry sauce. This will ensure your sauce is super smooth.
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 7 tablespoons vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1. Peel and finely chop the garlic.
2. Add all of the ingredients for the sauce into a measuring cup.
3. Mix together with a fork.
4. To use, add this sauce into your favorite stir-fry recipe while cooking on the stove or toss a few teaspoons onto a salad.
From the book, "BOSH!." Copyright ©2018 by Henry Firth & Ian Theasby. Reprinted by permission of William Morrow, an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers.