This is a fun twist on classic pizza but in bite sized pieces! It is a great recipe for game days or Friday nights!
Swap option: Make a veggie version or use any of your favorite pizza toppings.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Pizza dough, store-bought or homemade
- 1 cup pizza or marinara sauce
- 2 large Italian sausage links, casings removed, cooked and crumbled
- 20 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a large baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Cut pizza dough into two smaller balls. Roll each out to a large rectangle shape. Brush 1/2 cup of pizza sauce on each rectangle shaped dough.
3. Add cooked sausage and pepperoni to each dough. Next, sprinkle cheese on each dough. Starting at the top of the long side of the rectangle, gently roll the pizza into a roll. Using a serrated knife, cut the dough into smaller rounds and place in the prepared baking dish.
4. Spray the tops of the rolls with nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with parsley to garnish. Bake pizza rolls for 10-17 minutes or until rolls are browned and cheese is melted.