This is a fun bite-sized twist on a classic quesadilla. Party guests and kids will love them! Wonton wrappers are usually found in your grocery store's produce section.
Swap option: If preferred, use refried beans instead of black beans, and Monterey Jack or mozzarella instead of cheddar cheese.
- 2 cups (about 8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- One 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- 40 wonton wrappers
1. Preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat.
2. In a bowl, combine 1½ cups cheese, black beans and scallions.
3. Divide the mixture evenly onto 20 wonton wrappers. Top with the remaining wrappers to create mini circles.
4. Add the wonton quesadillas to a heated pan and cook until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Some of the filling may fall out into the pan and that's OK because these bits will get nice and crispy and taste delicious. Remove the quesadillas from the pan once they turn color.
5. Remove from the quesadillas from the pan and, while they're still warm, sprinkle with additional cheddar cheese so it melts on top. Serve with your favorite dipping sauces like salsa or guacamole.