This is one of my favorite way to serve beans. These beans are under 10 ingredients, packed with a ton of flavor and they also last in the fridge for up to three weeks.
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup vinegar (red wine, white wine, apple cider or champagne)
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh herbs (frozen, blanched herbs work too)
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 (15-ounce) cans white beans, drained and rinsed
1. Place the sliced shallots into a medium bowl. Add vinegar and the lemon juice and zest. Toss to combine and set aside to marinate until the shallots have softened and started to turn pink, about 5 minutes.
2. In a small pot or saucepan, combine olive oil, fresh herbs, red pepper flakes, kosher salt, freshly ground black pepper and drained and rinsed beans. Warm over a medium-low heat until the beans are warmed through, about 3-5 minutes.
3. Remove bean mixture from heat, transfer to the bowl with shallot mixture and toss to combine.
4. Serve with crusty bread or crackers. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.