Get creative and add salsa, avocados, sour cream, or whatever else you want. Or, keep them simple. Your choice.
- 2 cups leftover shredded chicken
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste
- Fajita ingredients including tortillas, cheese, salsa and sour cream, your choice
1. Turn on your stove to medium-high heat.
2. In a large skillet with high sides, sautee the peppers, onions and garlic in the olive oil until they caramelize a bit around the edges and cook down. This should take about 6-8 minutes, or until the veggies are caramelized around the edges but still have a bite.
3. Stir in the chili powder, cumin and oregano and cook while stirring for about 30 seconds.
4. Stir in the leftover shredded chicken, adjust the seasoning with some salt, then serve with any of your favorite toppings.