This classic key lime pie cuts right to the chase. Its straightforward tartness is front and center while the creamy sweetness supports the citrusy flavor. It's perfectly simple and delicious.
Swap option: If you can't find key limes regular limes work just fine. It just may not be as tart.
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- One 14-ounce can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- One 6-ounce graham cracker crust
- Whipped cream, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat eggs and egg whites at medium speed of a mixer until well blended. Gradually add juice, zest and milk to egg mixture, beating until well blended.
3. Spoon mixture into crust and bake for 20 minutes or until almost set (the center will not be firm but will set up as it chills). Cool pie on a wire rack. Cover loosely, and chill 4 hours.
4. Spread whipped cream evenly over filling, slice and serve.