Bok choy and pea pods add extra crunch and sweetness to this gingery slaw from chef Tiffani Faison of Boston's Sweet Cheeks Q and Tiger Mama.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely grated carrots
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh garlic
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 8 cups bok choy, finely sliced
- 4 cups red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 fresno chiles, julienned, stems and seeds removed
- 3 cups pea pod greens, cleaned and lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
In a medium bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, carrots, lime juice, fish sauce soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sugar. Set the dressing aside.
In a large bowl, add the remaining ingredients. Add the dressing and toss to combine. Season with salt to taste, then add the sesame seeds and serve.