- 1 14-16 ounce sheet puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 2 red apples, such as Honeycrisp or Pink Lady, thinly sliced crosswise and seeded
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons apricot preserves mixed with 1 teaspoon water
Make quick work of a simple apple crostata by using a sheet of store-bought puff pastry as the base. To give the apples a little boost of flavor, toss them with lemon juice and fresh ginger, then brush the finished tart with apricot preserves.
Make-ahead tip: The crostata can be baked earlier in the day and rewarmed before serving.
Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.2.
Unfold the sheet of puff pastry on the prepared baking sheet. In a large bowl, toss the apple slices with the sugar, lemon juice, ginger and salt until well coated. Arrange the slices in slightly overlapping rows on the pastry, leaving a 1/2-inch border all around.3.
Bake in the center of the oven for about 30 minutes, until the pastry is puffed and golden. Immediately brush the crostata with the apricot preserves. Serve warm.