I love this zucchini bread because it is so easy to make! Even though it has plenty of zucchini, this bread doesn't taste like veggies at all. In fact, the water from the vegetable just makes this cake incredibly moist. The sweet apple sauce, warm cinnamon spice and dark chocolate chips give it a lightly sweet and wonderful flavor.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 1/2 Cup apple sauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini, squeezed to remove any excess liquid
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Mix in the oil, apple sauce and sugar. Stir in zucchini and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
4. Slowly stir the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Then, stir in the chocolate chips. Divide the batter equally between the two prepared loaf pans.
5. Bake for 1-1¼ hours or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool completely in the loaf pans. Remove the cooled loaves from the pans, slice and serve.