I love easy football snacks and this recipe is one my mother-in-law makes a lot. It's so quick and easy and reheats really well. I love making anything with pizza dough with Calvin because it's fun for him to roll out and get his hands into. I also love how versatile this recipe is if you're trying to use up lunch meat or leftovers — I feel like anything can go in a stromboli! (I'm also not sure if this is technically a stromboli or really just a cheesy bread with cheesy bread.)
- 1 ball pizza dough
- 1 jar roasted red peppers or pimento peppers
- 1/4 pound salami
- 1/4 pound ham
- 1/4 pound capicola
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 pinch sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pizza dough into a large rectangle.
3. Spread peppers down the middle and then layer with meats and cheese.
4. Fold up the sides to completely cover the fillings, brush with the beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar.
5. Bake according to pizza dough package directions, or until golden-brown.