I originally got this idea from my neighbor when I lived in Boston. She brought over a similar dish to my house and I’ve been making them ever since! We came up with the name "treats," though, to make it a bit more festive. Calvin doesn't eat them yet but all of my friends and family love them!
Roast Beef Treats
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces on a bias (about 20-24 slices)
- 1/2 fresh roast beef
- 2 jars roasted red peppers, julienned
- Two 5.2-ounce boxes Boursin cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange baguette slices on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top of the rounds and sprinkle with salt.
2. Bake until lightly toasted, about 10-15 minutes.
3. Let cool before assembling the treats.
4. Spread a thick layer of Boursin cheese on to each baguette slice. I use about 1 tablespoon per toast.
5. Add a layer of thinly sliced roast beef.
6. Top each toast with a few strips of the roasted red peppers.
7. Add a sprinkle of salt or freshly cracked pepper, if desired. Arrange them on a tray and serve!