I originally got this idea from my neighbor when I lived in Boston. She brought over a similar dish to my house and I’ve been making them ever since! We came up with the name "treats," though, to make it a bit more festive.
Calvin just started liking these, so it goes to show you if you make something enough times, they’ll come around! He prefers the RBT (as we call them) with no red peppers. This would also make a great panini with all the same ingredients: bread, Boursin, roast beef and roasted red peppers.
Roast Beef Treats
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch thick pieces on a bias (about 20-24 slices)
- extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (5.2-ounce) boxes Boursin cheese
- 1/2 pound fresh roast beef
- 2 jars roasted red peppers, julienned
1. Preheat oven to 400 F. Arrange baguette slices on a large, rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle olive oil on top of the rounds and sprinkle with salt.
2. Bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Let cool before assembling the treats.
3. Spread a thick layer of Boursin cheese on to each baguette slice, about 1 tablespoon per toast.
4. Add a layer of thinly sliced roast beef.
5. Top each toast with a few strips of the roasted red peppers.
6. Add a sprinkle of salt or freshly cracked pepper, if desired. Arrange them on a tray and serve.