To welcome back TODAY's Al Roker after knee replacement surgery, Dylan Dreyer baked up a delicious apple crisp. Here, she shares her easy recipe for this comforting fall dessert. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the perfect finishing touch.
- 8 apples, peeled and sliced (4 Granny Smiths and 4 others)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Place the apples in a 9-by-13-inch pan.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples. Pour the water over the apples.
4. For the topping: In a medium bowl, combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder and soda, and melted butter. Evenly crumble the topping over the apples. Bake for 45 minutes. Serve.