I grew up on Dungeness crab and love its sweet and delicate flavor. And it pairs so well with cheesy nachos!
Technique tip: Adding the cheese to the cheese sauce off the heat allow for better emulsification.
Swap option: Dungeness crab screams Seattle, but you could totally load these nachos with any of your favorite proteins, or mushrooms as a vegetarian option.
- 8 cups thick tortilla chips
- neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons chile powder, divided
- 1 pound lump crab meat, picked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup grated white cheddar cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped, divided
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Toss the chips with a drizzle of oil, 1 tablespoon of chile powder, and lay out on a baking sheet.
3. Top with crab and corn. Bake to warm through, about 5-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine cheese and cream in a saucepan and melt to make the cheese sauce. Stir in 1 tablespoon of chives.
5. Once warmed, remove the nachos from the oven.
6. Drizzle the cheese sauce over the nachos. Then top with remaining chile powder and chives, avocado, jalapeño and radishes.