What's better than pancakes? Fluffy, chocolate-filled, bacon-sprinkled, ice cream-topped pancakes!
- One 16-ounce package bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 glazed doughnuts
- One 7.7-ounce jar chocolate-hazelnut spread
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Maple syrup
- Ice cream, of your choice
1. Cut bacon into bits and cook in a frying pan until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
2. In a bowl, toss the bacon bits with brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. Cut doughnuts into thin slices and spread the chocolate hazelnut spread on them with a butter knife.
4. In a mixing bowl add the eggs, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla extract and mix well until batter is thick (if the batter is too thick, add more buttermilk).
5. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Spray liberally with nonstick cooking spray.
6. Dip doughnut slices in the batter then cook them in the greased pan for one minute on each side.
7. Garnish with maple syrup, bacon bits and a scoop of ice cream.