I love this dessert because it's delicious, festive, comes together in a flash and appeals to the kid in all of us.
Technique tip: Use a serrated knife to slice the doughnuts.
Swap option: Use your favorite flavor of doughnut and combine with your favorite ice cream.
- 4 glazed doughnuts, chocolate-covered or plain
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup red, blue and white sprinkles
1. Slice the doughnuts in half crosswise.
2. Top one half of a doughnut with a large scoop of the ice cream. Press the second doughnut half on top.
3. Roll the edges of the doughnut in sprinkles. Place in the freezer for 1-2 hours.