Doughnuts add an element of surprise to this amped up version of a comfort food classic. It is so easy to create and great for brunch or dessert.
- 12 cake doughnuts
- 4 eggs
- 10 ounces heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Chocolate, melted
- Nutella, melted
1. Quarter the doughnuts and allow them to dry out on sheet trays.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, heavy cream, cinnamon and salt.
3. Line a 9- by 13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Place the doughnuts in the bottom of the prepared pan and then pour the custard over the doughnuts. Let sit for 1 hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Once the oven is hot, bake the doughnut pudding for 35 to 45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
7. Drizzle the melted chocolate and Nutella over the top and serve warm or at room temperature.