Crunchy sesame seeds and creamy tahini add texture and flavor to this side dish staple.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 large bunches spinach or chard, stemmed, rinsed, and torn or chopped into large pieces
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1½ teaspoons sesame seeds
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet or high-sided saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add the greens and salt and toss to coat in the oil. Cover and cook, tossing occasionally, until the greens have fully wilted, about 8-10 minutes. If the greens start to sizzle and brown, add 1 tablespoon of water to the pan.
3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the tahini and 1 teaspoon sesame seeds. Sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds before serving.