Start the day with hearty stick-to-your-ribs steak and eggs. This incredibly quick dish also makes a great breakfast for dinner when you're craving flavor but short on time.
- 6 eggs
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- Leftover steak pizzaiola
1. Beat eggs and red pepper flakes together in a bowl with touch of cream and salt.
2. Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over high heat until oil starts to shimmer. Add cherry tomatoes and cook until tomatoes caramelize. Then add butter and as soon as it melts pour in egg mixture.
3. Cook and stir egg mixture until eggs are scrambled and softly set, about 30 seconds. Add fresh oregano at the end and stir.
4. Transfer eggs to a plate and sprinkle with sea salt.
5. Reheat steak in hot oil over skillet and serve with eggs.