To avoid a watery salad, the cucumber should be added to this fresh slaw right before serving. Peel, seed, and cut them, then keep them in a separate container until ready to serve.
- 1/2 Savoy cabbage (1½ pounds), finely shredded (8 cups)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup packed coarsely chopped fresh dill
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, peeled, halved, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces (2 cups)
Stir together cabbage, sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and dill. Season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 6 hours. Stir in cucumbers. Adjust seasoning; serve.
Martha Stewart Living © Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.