Upgrade classic deviled eggs for a dish that's loaded with anti-oxidants and healthy fats. Rosemary has been shown to increase blood circulation to the brain and contain anti-inflammatory immune system support compounds. Anchovies are loaded with omega-3 fatty acids.
- 12 eggs, preferably free-range and pastured
- 3 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 tablespoons rosemary leaves
- Salt, to taste
- 6 anchovy fillets, each one cut in half
- 1 bunch chives, minced
- Paprika, for garnish
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the eggs and cook for 8 minutes.
2. Remove the eggs and shock them in a bowl filled with ice and cold water.
3. Peel the eggs, cut them in half lengthwise and remove the yolks.
4. In a food processor, mix the yolks with the crème fraîche, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary and salt to taste. You may need to add more crème fraîche depending on the consistency. The mixture shouldn't be too loose and you should be able to pipe it from a plastic bag or a piping bag.
5. Pipe the yolks back into the whites. Top each egg with half of a filet of anchovy, garnish with the minced chives and sprinkle with the paprika. Serve.