- 12 hard-boiled eggs, shells removed
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons minced prosciutto
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 24 quail eggs, fried over easy
- 24 1-inch squares scrapple, cooked until crisp
Why pick just one way to enjoy your eggs? With this recipe, you get the creamy goodness of a traditional deviled egg with the rich, runny yolk of a fried egg in one tasty bite.
Cut the hard-boiled eggs in half. Remove the yolks to a mixing bowl. Set the whites aside on a serving platter.2.
In the bowl with the yolks, add the mustard, paprika, minced prosciutto, cayenne, chives, vinegar, salt and pepper. Mix and mash until the mixture forms a smooth paste.3.
Place the yolk mixture into a piping bag (or zip-close bag with a corner cut off) and pipe into the hollows of the egg whites.4.
Garnish each egg half with a square of scrapple, a quail egg and chives.