The only thing better than an Oreo is one that is deep fried! The crispy batter and sweet dusting of sugar make these classic sandwich cookies even more delicious.
Technique tip: Be sure to have a candy thermometer to make sure the oil temperature is perfect for frying.
Swap option: Swap chocolate chip or peanut butter cookies. For an extra treat serve with vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce or a berry puree! Add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to the batter for extra chocolaty flavor.
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 cups plus 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 24 Double Stuf Oreo cookies
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and pancake mix to make a batter.
2. Warm 4 cups of the vegetable oil in a 4-quart sauce pot to 375°F.
3. Once the oil is up to temp, dip the cookies into the batter one at a time and carefully place them into the hot oil, doing no more than 4 cookies at a time to prevent from overcrowding the pot.
4. Cook the battered Oreos for 2 minutes or until golden brown. Then, using a slotted spoon, scoop them out of the oil and place on paper towels to cool and drain off excess oil.
5. Garnish with a dusting of powdered sugar and serve warm.