- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1/2 recipe deep-dish pizza dough
- 1 cup quick tomato garlic pizza sauce
- 10 ounces shredded whole-milk low-moisture mozzarella
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
1. Heat a ceramic pizza stone in a 475-degree oven. Oil a 12-inch deep-dish pizza pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Press dough into pan, allowing to reach up the sides. Brush dough with remaining tablespoon oil and allow to rest for 5 minutes. 2. Place pizza in oven on top of stone and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light golden. Remove from oven and spread with pizza sauce. Top with mozzarella and crumbled sausage. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and beginning to color. Sprinkle with basil and serve.