- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked farro (or other whole grain, such as quinoa)
- 2 cups fresh baby kale
- 1 roasted chicken breast, sliced
- 2 roasted carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 roasted parsnip, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Additional accompaniments: shaved fresh fennel, shaved fresh radish, shaved celery and/or chopped roasted almonds
I love using leftover chicken and vegetables to make new meals. This salad is one of my favorites because it comes together quickly, the quick vinaigrette is full of flavor and it's both healthy and satisfying at the same time.
Technique tip: Bowls can be assembled, and vinaigrette can be made 1 day ahead. Store bowls and vinaigrette separately and refrigerate. Dress bowls with vinaigrette just before serving.
In small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, shallot and mustard. Season vinaigrette with salt and pepper.
Divide farro between 2 wide pasta bowls. Top with kale, roasted chicken and veg and additional accompaniments. Drizzle with vinaigrette and serve immediately.