This recipe tastes wonderful but has a pretty unusual ingredient: cereal! The rice cereal adds a delightful crunch that guests will never suspect.
Crunchy Cheese Coins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the flour, cheese, butter, Worcestershire sauce, salt and hot sauce in a food processor and process until thoroughly incorporated.
2. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl; stir in the rice cereal with a spoon, pressing the mixture into the sides of bowl until well combined. Pinch off pieces about the size of a nickel.
3. Place the cheese “coins” on an un-greased baking sheet; press each coin down lightly with a fork to make indents. Bake in the preheated oven until slightly golden around the edges, about 12 minutes.