Your risotto will go a long way thanks to these delicious crispy cakes, which are ready in minutes.
- 1 1/2 cups leftover risotto
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Olive oil for pan frying
- Kosher salt to taste
1. Take the pre-cooked leftover risotto while still warm and stir in the egg yolks and the flour.
2. Spread the pre-cooked risotto out on the baking sheet to cool quickly and refrigerate until needed. (The risotto may be made 1 day ahead. When completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.)
3. Using your hands, shape risotto into 3-inch diameter patties, ¾-inch thick. You will wind up with 3-4 risotto cakes.
4. In batches pan fry the rice patties until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes then flip and cook the other side till brown and crisped, about 3-4 minutes.
5. Remove from the pan and let drain briefly on paper towel. Season lightly with kosher salt and serve immediately.