- 11 ounces ground lamb mixture
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 medium whole wheat pita breads
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, halved then sliced on the diagonal
- 1/4 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh mint leaves, stripped and roughly torn
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Greek-spiced lamb, creamy yogurt, fresh herbs and crisp veggies make this pita pizza not only flavorful but healthier than a traditional cheese- and tomato sauce-topped pie.
Technique tip: To easily insert the pita meat-side down into skillet, place the skillet on top of the pita. Place one hand on the base of the skillet, and slide other hand underneath pita - hold and flip it all over!
Swap option: You can swap to ground beef or another protein.
Take the uncooked ground lamb patty mixture and place in a small bowl with ground coriander and mix well to combine. Divide mixture in half and use your hands to press lamb onto pita breads in a thin layer, leaving a 1/2-1-inch border from the edge.2.
Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Working with one pita at a time, cook pitas meat-side-down for 3-4 minutes or until meat is cooked. Turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes until the base is crisp. Repeat with remaining pita.3.
To serve, cut pita into wedges. Sprinkle with cucumber, red bell pepper, red onion and mint. Drizzle with yogurt and season with salt and pepper to taste.