Take a break from the usual green bean casserole this Thanksgiving and make this quick and easy side dish.
- 3 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut in thirds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds
In a covered, microwave-safe dish, microwave the trimmed green beans with a little water for 2 minutes. Set beans aside.
In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Add the cooked beans and sauté about 5 to 7 minutes, until tender. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and transfer to serving dish. Top with chopped almonds and serve.