Take your holiday dinner to the next level with this delicious seafood pasta.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 shallots, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 pound linguine
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup baby arugula, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tarragon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup basil, roughly chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 1 1/2-pound lobsters, steamed and meat removed
Heat a large straight sided skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil and the bacon and cook for 8 minutes or until the bacon is beginning to crisp. Add the shallots, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for an additional 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the salt and tomato puree along with the cream and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the linguine for 1 minute less than the suggested cooking time, about 10 minutes. Using tongs, remove the pasta from the water and add directly to the pan with the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese directly on the naked pasta and then toss to coat in the sauce. Add up to 1 cup of pasta water, as needed, to loosen the sauce. Stir in the arugula, tarragon, basil, peas and lobster and simmer and additional minute or until everything is heated through. Serve with additional parmesan if desired.