This easy one-dish recipe was inspired by my trip to Italy with Bravo's To Rome for Love where I traveled to find great food, incredible culture and romance. Veggie-packed pasta is perfect for date night because it's healthy, delicious and comes together fast so you can get back to spending time with each other.
Technique tip: Only cook the shrimp until they begin to turn pink so they don't overcook.
Swap option: Substitute chicken breast strips for the shrimp or use rotisserie chicken.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 20 jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined and tails removed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ cups 2% milk
- 1½ cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning blend
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Heat sauté pan over medium heat until warm, add butter and olive oil and cook mushrooms, shrimp and garlic until shrimp begin to turn pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. In the same pan, turn heat to medium-high and add milk, chicken broth and pasta. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until pasta is al dente.
3. Add cherry tomatoes to pan, stir and add spinach in two batches until wilted. Stir well to coat with sauce, add Italian seasoning and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the shrimp and mushroom mixture and Parmesan cheese. Toss to combine and serve.