The 9 Nanas — a mail-order bakery that has raised more than $1 million for charity — won't part with their original pound cake recipe. But Nana Pearl did share another favorite holiday parfait that she calls "simple, versatile and easy on the wallet."
- 2 cup fresh cranberries
- .5 cup apple juice
- .33 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 2 ounce goat cheese, softened
- .5 cup confectioners sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier
- 1 cup heavy cream
- white chocolate pieces, candied grapefruit and almond slivers (optional garnishes)
1. To make the cranberry relish, add cranberries, apple juice and sugar in a small pot. Cover with a lid and set over low heat. Cook until the cranberries open and the liquid thickens, about 20 to 30 minutes. Cool and set aside.
2. Using a stand mixer fitted with the whisk, add the cream cheese, goat cheese and confectioners sugar to the mixing bowl. Start the speed on low and gradually increase it to high. Turn the mixer off and add the orange zest and Grand Marnier.
3. Resume mixing on low, gradually increasing to medium speed. Slowly add the heavy cream in a thin stream. Once cream has been incorporated, turn the mixer off and transfer mixture to a piping bag or zip bag.
4. Spoon in a small amount of cranberry relish into four tall glasses, reserving the rest in the refrigerator. Pipe in cream filling. Cover glasses with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
5. Just before serving, top each glass with extra cranberry relish. Garnish with white chocolate pieces, candied grapefruit and almond slivers if desired.